Community Activities and Services
Our goal is to provide a broad range of educational programs that meet community and individual needs.
We aim to offer programs to cater for everyone from babies and pre-school aged children, school aged children, parents and including everyone through to our more senior community members.
We offer classes in cooking, arts & crafts, yoga, Tai Chi and more. We run school holiday activities, a choir and our wonderful community garden.
We are always keen to hear from you about your ideas for programs or services that we could run so please let us know your suggestions.
We also offer a range of facilities and services including internet access, photocopying & faxing, room hire and provide information on no-interest loans and other community support services.
We have a range of information, pamphlets and books and will listen and support you with issues of concern and refer you to other services if need be.
If you have any needs or questions that you would like our help with, please feel free to contact us at any time.
What you can expect
- operate in the best interests of the community
- adhere to all Legislation and Acts
- be non-judgemental and non-discriminatory
- support and promote the participation rights of every individual
- conduct our activities professionally
- value and welcome your feedback
- be friendly, caring and welcoming
- provide quality services and activities
- work towards continuous improvement in our services and activities
- maintain high standards of confidentiality
- provide a grievance procedure
- open 24 hours a day or late evenings on a regular basis
- act as a crisis centre
- do anything without community consultation and discussion with interested stakeholders
- be welcoming and respectful of all users of our services and activities
- respect and follow the rules of our Community House whilst participating in our programs and activities
- adhere to all relevant Acts and Legislation
- advise us of any complaints, compliments, suggestions in a clear, constructive manner
- support our organisation by volunteering your time, joining an activity or program, using one of our services or becoming a member of our committee
How to find out more
Phone or call in to see us, have a chat or lend a hand during opening hours at the office (Mon-Fri) or community garden (Mon or Thursday).
We produce a printed newsletter four times year, which details our current education programs and activities for each term. It is available on our website, mailed to our members and copies are also available to collect from local shops and businesses.
To receive regular updates about our programs via email, please contact us if you would like to be included on Okines E-News distribution list.