For a one off $5.00 family membership fee you can borrow toys, books and baby equipment for children from 0 to 7 years of age.
Using the library assists you in your role as a parent by offering growth, variety, value and fun:
- Build your child’s independent and imaginative thinking through opportunities to explore with different toys, learn new things and challenge existing skills.
- Change items every two weeks from a broad selection of toys and play equipment. Access different toys that are new to both parents and children.
- Choose a toy without the expense and wasted storage space. Try before you buy. When children grow out of a toy, simply borrow a more age appropriate toy.
- Meet other families in our community.
- Make a visit to the toy library a weekly highlight.
What sorts of things can be borrowed?
Browse through the full Parent Resource Library Catalogue here.
How many toys can be borrowed?
Families can borrow 3 toys per child for a period of 2 weeks at a time. There is no reserve system.
The Parent Resource Library is open 9am to 4pm on Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday.
How to borrow from the library
First of all, you need to be a member of the Parent Resource Library. Your membership costs $5 and is a one-off payment that entitles you to borrow toys, books, CDs and DVDs from the library. To join, see a staff member and complete the membership form.
Once you have joined, look through the display folder to choose a toy and to check it’s not out on loan. If it is on loan, instead of a laminated colour toy information sheet there will be a black and white copy with a “Sorry! This toy is on loan” sticker on it. You can place a hold on a toy that’s on loan by talking to a staff member.
After the staff member has processed your loan request, you will receive the toy and its laminated colour information sheet with the “return by” date marked on it. Keep this somewhere handy at home to remind you when you need to bring the toy back – perhaps stick it on the fridge?
Before taking a toy home, check that all the parts are there (where relevant), that they are working (if battery-operated) and that they are clean and in good order. Battery-operated toys are supplied with rechargeable batteries – which we keep charged. Please do not change the batteries, return the toy to us if they need recharging.
All loans are for 2 weeks. Please:
- Return all items by the due date
- Check that all the parts are there
- Return toys clean and in good condition
- Advise us immediately of any damage or problems with toys