Okines Food Co-op – Nourishing each other and the Earth
Only members can buy goods from the Co-op, but joining is simple…Just register with the cashier on duty and pay your membership fee, during opening hours 1.00am -1.30 pm first Monday of each month, every Tuesday 2.00 pm – 5 pm and every Sunday 9.30 am – 12.30 pm (winter hours 10.00 am – 12.00 pm):
- $20 per year standard membership, active and non-active
- $15 per year concession membership for pension or health care card holders
- $5 for a 3-month membership
- single/family is same fee
- change from active to non-active during the year if your circumstances change.
For an overview please select Food Co-op Introduction JULY 2020.
As an Active Member you receive a 15% co-op shop discount and you are expected to commit about 4 hours per month contributing to the running of the co-op. Click on ACTIVE TASKS Intro-Summary Feb 2020 and ACTIVE ROLES detailed Guide Sept 2018 for full details about being an active member. Pensioners can join for a concession amount. Please provide details of your pension to access this concession.
Active member time may be given as an hour/week or in one block of a half day/month, depending on your availability and the role you undertake, for example:
- cashier in the shop on opening days
- helping with orders/packing of new stock
- cleaning and maintenance of the store
- help with managing files, data and communication with other members
- help with admin tasks
- manual/handy-person tasks
- collection and distribution of food, nutrition and supplier information and education to members and the wider community.
You may also wish to become involved in the committee to contribute to decision making and managing of the various tasks.
Select Okines Food Cooperative Rules Feb 2018 to open printable version of the rules governing the Co-op.
Talk with Jill or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more details about how you can best support our Co-op as an active or non-active member.